Spotlight on London City Core
A global financial centre offering a prestigious post code
Why take office space in The City of London?
The city core is London’s historic financial district, home to St Pauls Cathedral, Leadenhall Market, Liverpool Street and the Bank of England. It’s a mix of modern skyscrapers and medieval alleyways that charm its occupants and bring some of the Capital’s top rents.
The City remains at the heart of the finance, insurance and professional sectors and continues to see major developments with new tower buildings including 22 Bishopsgate and 6-8 Bishopsgate attracting new office occupiers including lawyers, corporates and financial businesses.
The city core is the focus of the return to work following the pandemic.
- Liverpool Street’s brilliant connectivity that welcomes commuters from across the UK.
- The newly opened Elizabeth Line takes city inhabitants across the capital in record time, including Canary Wharf in less than 10 minutes.
- A wealth of bars, restaurants and nightlife that are always evolving.
- The iconic Barbican centre with its botanical conservatory.
- Royal Exchange home to renowned luxury brands and independent boutiques.
What type of rents and office size/types am I likely to find here?
Rents in London’s city core range widely, reflecting the variety of stock available to incoming tenants. Best-in-class new build space has begun to breach £100 psf for the higher floors with terrace space, whilst average Grade A rents sit at £75.00 psf with tower buildings achieving £85.00 psf +. Less premium and aged stock achieve rents from £50 psf upwards. Size and quality of space differ greatly from 1,000 sq ft of managed office space to 60,000 sq ft of BREEAM ‘Outstanding’ accommodation over multiple floors.