Are you a property occupier?
Helping occupiers negotiate for the best possible outcomes
Property Occupier Services
We cover central London and Fringe offices, we also cover the south east market in both offices and industrial and consider rent rolls from about £75,000 p.a. upwards.
We can provide a free appraisal of your rate bill, and advise on the most efficient and least risky course of action.
If your lease is coming to an end? Do you have a break option or want to re-negotiate your lease?
How we can help you
Depending on where you are in your cycle of occupation, you will have different needs, which we can help you to get the best out of your property
JUST MOVED IN
- Is your rates bill correct? Floor areas, valuation, right premises, right addressee? We can check this for free and can quickly tell you if you have a case to reduce your rates bill
- Are you still dealing with dilapidations at your last property? Once you have vacated the landlord may do, or plan to do, significant work which supersedes the repairs that he has asked you to pay for. We can check this for you if you have not yet settled the repairing obligations yet with a view to removing expensive items from the Landlord’s claim
- Rent Review negotiation – If you don’t have an expert appointed to negotiate on your behalf the landlord will often not take your negotiation seriously. Don’t agree anything without asking a rent review specialist to look over the proposals first
- Break Negotiation – tenants often overlook the opportunity to use a break option to renegotiate the lease. The key point is to do it early (a year or two before the break date) and understand the landlord’s objectives
- Has anyone checked that your Business Rates are not over-valued or has the valuation been changed unexpectedly? – we can check the valuation at any point in your lease. It is free to do and we can quickly tell you if you have a case to reduce your rates bill
- Is there a building site next door? – we can often agree a Business rates reduction during the period of site works
END OF LEASE
- Decide to Renew the Lease or Move or possibly Expand or Contract in situ – The operational decision has to be yours alone but we can advise on the cost implications of each option and once you have decided we will use our market and technical knowledge to negotiate better terms than you could expect to achieve directly
- Last chance to check you have not been overpaying Business Rates – A successful reduction to you liability can be backdated for many years so before you move it is worth a last check to ensure any potential saving is captured
- Early Exit or Contraction? Subletting, or surrendering office space early is often possible. We can advise you how to minimise the liabilities
- Dilapidations and lease exit negotiations. This is the landlord’s last chance to bill you and they will have no future relationship with you to temper their business aims. It is worth checking that you are not paying for repairs that will never be done or, if you are being forced out, that you are not due compensation under your lease
Parliament is soon going to enact new primary legislation on business rates, which will have an impact on your pocket as well...
Time is running out to challenge your current business rates – so action is needed now! The last date to submit an appeal to ...
Leading property consultancy Allsop has appointed James Pullen as a Partner to bolster its national business rates advisory t...