Ed is head of the Commercial Valuation team and the Partner responsible for all commercial valuation work undertaken by Allsop. Ed has advised most of the UK banks involved in lending to the commercial property sectors during his career
RELEVANT EXPERTISE / SPECIALISM
- Extensive experience in carrying out valuations for loan security purposes, year-end accounts and sale/purchase purposes
- Specialist in the valuation of commercial property assets for retail, office, industrial, leisure and mixed use properties, being single, multi-let or with vacant possession
- Acts as an expert valuer to the courts
- Responsible for overseeing Allsop Commercial Division
Ed has over 30 years’ experience of professional work in commercial property. Of those 30 years, 28 years have spent valuing investment properties throughout the United Kingdom.
Prior to joining Allsop Ed worked for King & Co (now part of JLL) dealing with commercial property in central London. He then moved to the commercial valuation department of Allsop LLP in November 1992 and became an equity partner and board member in 2006 and since 2016 has been the managing partner for the commercial division.
RECENT PROJECTS / ASSIGNMENTS
- Acted as expert valuer in the largest property valuation negligence claim (£180 million) ever brought in the UK
- Acted as expert valuer for Gemini (Eclipse 2003-6) PLC on a portfolio of 37 retail, office and industrial properties. A six-year project involving retrospective valuations, full expert reports, and mediation which was settled in a satisfactory fashion.
- Acted for Betterphase Limited on 65,000 sq ft office building. Asked to opine upon the diminution in value of the office building following the loss of the right to use the car parking.
KEY CLIENT RELATIONSHIPS
- Lloyds Banking Group
- Schroder UK Property Fund;
- London & Associated Properties
- Mishcon de Reya Green; DLA Piper and Rosling
- Member of the Royal Institution of Chartered Surveyors (RICS).
Insights by Edward Dunningham
Take a look at our October Property Market Update outlining our thoughts on the commercial and residential markets we operate...
Take a look at our July 2023 Property Market Update outlining our thoughts on the market. We look at its varying performance...