Specialist dedicated receivership team dealing with all asset classes nationwide, regardless of scale or sector, we’ve seen it all.
Established in 1990, our Receivership team is one of the most experienced in the market. Due to the wide variety of cases our LPA Receivers (also known as Fixed Charge Receivers) have dealt with, there’s really nothing we haven’t seen before, which means a plethora of past case history to turn to when making recommendations.
Our strength is our in-depth understanding of property insolvency and identifying the key issues surrounding it, together with the ability to make practical decisions quickly, and in a cost effective manner. The team prides itself on its pragmatic, efficient approach to reduce holding costs and timescales.
Bottom line, we offer our clients a quicker and more straight-forward process.
Benefits of Receivership:
- Ability to appoint quickly and without court process
- Creates a buffer between lender and borrower with the Receiver taking on liabilities
- Specialist insolvency and asset management knowledge
- Duty to achieve best price
- Primary duty of care to the lender
- Ability to insure, secure and protect the asset
- Greater control of rental income
- Ability where appropriate to enhance value
Who Are We?
- A dedicated Receivership team that covers all property asset classes throughout the UK, specialising in property insolvency
- All Receivers are Fellows of Nara and regulated by both the Royal Institution of Chartered Surveyors (RICS)and the Insolvency Practitioners Association (IPA)
- All case handlers are accredited qualified Chartered Surveyors
- The Receivers have established themselves as market leaders in both residential and commercial sectors
- We represent a large proportion of Banks, Building Societies and alternative lenders
What Differentiates Allsop?
- We provide commercially realistic and sound strategic advice with innovative and practical solutions, to maximise debt recovery
- We are well-resourced and can react quickly to high volume appointments
- We only use best-in-class third party agents advisors to ensure value maximisation
- Network of established relationships with leading firms of solicitors, agents and other advisors.
- Access to market leading in-house residential and commercial auction teams that provide up-to-the-minute market information
- Private treaty commercial and residential teams
- In-house property management team who are one of the UK’s largest independent residential managing agents
- Transparent fee structure – no set up or hourly charges
We understand that each property is different and recognise the importance of developing bespoke strategies to ensure the best possible outcome.
The following case studies showcase a small selection of residential scenarios we have been involved with.
Allsop receivers have been appointed over a range of high value residential properties throughout the UK, including prime central London flats and houses through to country estates and farmland.
High end residential
- 6,157 sq ft property comprising 6 bedrooms, 6 bathrooms, 3 reception rooms, patio garden, balcony and a garage arranged over lower ground and raised ground floors.
- Located in one of the most prestigious and sought after terraces in the Crown Estate, opposite Regent’s Park
- Receivers obtained possession and marketed via private treaty with an auction backstop.
Single apartment and blocks
Appointments include long leasehold flats through to large apartment blocks and freehold ground investments. Key considerations include service charge obligations, leasehold extensions and piece-meal sales.
- A purpose built development comprising 31 flats, retail space on the ground floor and underground parking
- Key considerations include re-letting of vacant units to enhance investment value and negotiating with the Local Authority to resolve planning issues
- The block was sold to a single purchaser as an investment opportunity
Allsop have been appointed as receivers over single tenanted units through to extensive buy-to let portfolios throughout England, Wales and Northern Ireland.
The following case studies showcase a small selection of commercial scenarios we have been involved with.
Allsop have been appointed over the full spectrum of commercial property sectors, including but not limited to retail, office, industrial, healthcare and leisure & hospitality.
- The property comprises a prominent freehold block within Leicester Square in the West End of London
- Upon appointment the property was part-tenanted. Receivers took steps to protect the existing planning consent for redevelopment
- This case encompassed a number of complex issues, including the discharge of planning conditions, marriage value, rights of light and an overage provision
- The property was sold via private treaty for approximately £58m
The Allsop receivership team has been appointed over various portfolios nationwide covering a mix of use classes across commercial and residential sectors.
Greater London Portfolio
- This appointment comprised a mixed-use portfolio of 21 properties located in Greenwich, Hounslow, Clapham, Hammersmith and Lewisham and included high street retail, offices, flats, restaurants and a public house
- Asset management initiatives included lease renewals, rent reviews, new lettings and lease re-gears
- A break-up disposal strategy was pursued to enhance realisation
- The properties were sold individually via private treaty and auction for a total realisation in the region of £60m
We have dealt with a wide variety of properties with dilapidation issues, ranging from fire damage, part-completed development sites and assets in disrepair.
- The property comprised a single storey workshop and attached ancillary dwelling
- The property suffered sever fire damage, destroying part of the fabric of the building. Allsop Receivers took measures to secure the property, prevent further deterioration and ensured compliance with all statutory legislation.
- Allsop Receivers affected a sale of the freehold in its current condition. The property sold at auction for approximately £60,000