Build to rent represents a new, high quality and efficient residential asset class and a major opportunity for investors
Allsop has been a specialist advisor to major investors in the Private Rented Sector (PRS) for over 30 years. Through Allsop Letting and Management, the UK’s largest independent residential investment manager, we also offer a specialist property and asset management platform.
We have a dedicated Build to Rent team who provide the latest market knowledge and a real understanding of large-scale, purpose-built assets. This team has helped to shape private rented sector/ build to rent policy through industry professional bodies. We previously researched and co-wrote “Invest to Rent” with London Councils and the BPF, and designed the BPF Private Rental Sector Initiative investment model. We are also familiar with the functionality of multi-family in the US and have contributed to both editions of the ULI’s “Build to Rent: A Best Practice Guide”.
Allsop is perfectly placed to advise investors, developers, landowners or funds on all aspects of build to rent opportunities throughout the UK, assisting to maximise returns, manage risk and support long-term investment.
Allsop offers a fresh, innovative and strategic approach to build to rent, providing consultancy and advisory services on:
- Sourcing a site
- Viability / budget assessment
- Design and value adding product consideration
Recent consultancy work has included the appraisal of a number of residential development sites and existing properties eligible for residential conversion under permitted development rights legislation, where a long term rental opportunity is being considered.
Allsop has strong relationships within the institutional and private equity markets, with access to investors at the forefront of the investment market. Our experience of working with funds means we know who is in the market and what they want, allowing us to assess the suitability of investments for our clients.
We provide best advice to developers, from development conception right through to the sales and marketing campaign. We pride ourselves in delivering a high quality service and bespoke marketing particulars, selling not just a building, but also the ‘story’ of the completed development and its positioning in the micro and macro rental markets.
Our experience and market knowledge, give our clients comfort that the investment is attractive to prospective capital partners and enable us to deliver the level of information required by the institutional funding market.
For large scale assets, value to investors will rely as much in the way they are strategically run as businesses, as it will in the underlying property value and locational characteristics. We provide a “one stop shop”, fulfilling clients’ individual requirements and strategies, and maintaining a real focus on the “gross to net”.
Key Account Mobilisation
- Dedicated and experienced account manager for each portfolio
- Project Management for new schemes
- Value enhancement within existing blocks
- Site staff selection and training solutions
Marketing and Lettings Management
- Dedicated and experienced lettings agency team
- Marketing campaign management and collateral creation
- Block and individual unit advertising on the Allsop letting website
- Uploads to all major property portals, customer references, right to rent checks and fast and efficient online payment and legal contract management through our online letting service
- Resident satisfaction is a continual key objective
- Wherever density allows we will have dedicated site staff delivering daily value
- State-of-the-art smart technology, keeping our residents in touch with our customer service staff 24/7 via our licenced “App”
- Extensive experience over many years managing large portfolio client accounts
- Industry leading collections team
- Management reporting at team and board level
- An IPD return benchmark provider
- No hidden charges or supply chain kick backs
- Innovative and performance driven fee model
- We understand the need for our clients to deliver and maintain portfolio performance
- Focused on providing the very best levels of products and service that can add value to our client returns
- Working in partnership to be “best in class” providers
The Keel, Liverpool
240 high quality waterside apartments with onsite amenities and services developed by Moorfield, located on Kings Dock just minutes from Liverpool city centre. Allsop provided advice on local demand and strength of the rental market, appropriate mix of apartments and amenities, scheme design and layout, strategic management plan and indicative valuation projection.
River Crescent, Nottingham
A premium waterside development completed in 2008. Appointed to manage in 2011, Allsop have achieved sustained rental growth and increasing levels of demand. Amenities include residents’ gym, pool, Jacuzzi, on-site concierge, estate manager and cleaning staff.
Ink Court, London E3
A purpose built block completed in 2012, comprising 112 flats and 65 parking spaces. Concierge service and all property management carried out by Allsop. A high level of customer service has attracted professionals and families and promoted increased lengths of stay.
Hoola, London E16
Allsop has been appointed the block managing agent for Hoola, a new and iconic riverside development. Comprising two 23 and 24 storey towers with glass balconies, residents will enjoy views over the Royal Docks and City of London. The towers are set in landscaped surroundings with amenities including concierge service and parking.