Andrew manages the firm’s Leeds office and sits on the Allsop Management Board. He has over 35 years’ experience as a valuer specialising in all aspects of the residential markets. He has advised clients on some of the largest transactions in the residential investment market including the takeover of BPT by Grainger plc and the purchase of Sovereign Reversions by Retirement Bridge Ltd. Andrew has represented clients on complex land valuations including at arbitration and as an expert witness.
Andrew is the non-executive Chairman of the firm’s property management subsidiary, Allsop Letting & Management.
RELEVANT EXPERTISE / SPECIALISM
- Residential investment portfolios
- Residential development, option agreements and strategic land
- Affordable housing investment
- Student housing and HMOs
- Ground rents and leasehold enfranchisement
- Fund valuation and reporting
Andrew started his career with Chestertons in Kensington in 1984. He moved to Yorkshire in 1992 to establish a Leeds office for the firm and then with his residential team founded the Allsop Leeds office in 2002. It has now grown to around 40 staff focusing on residential investment and development agency, residential and commercial valuation, residential and Build to Rent property management and a student housing team.
- Valuation of Kirkstall Forge, Leeds for CEG, a comprehensive development of over 1,350 new homes and 300,000 sq.ft. of commercial space.
- Viability appraisal of Olympia Park (1,100 dwellings), Selby for Selby District Council
- UK wide portfolio valuation of 231 properties, mostly HMOs for HSBC
- Annual valuation of 3,160 equity release properties for Retirement Bridge and their lender
- Valuation of mixed PRS and Student portfolio for Freehold Corporation
KEY CLIENT RELATIONSHIPS
- Grainger plc
- M&G Real Estate
- CBRE Global Investors
- Retirement Bridge
GETTING TO KNOW ANDREW
FAVOURITE SPORT/TEAM: WREXHAM FC
FAVOURITE FILM: THE DAY OF THE JACKAL
FAVOURITE HOLIDAY DESTINATION: THE SWISS RAILWAY SYSTEM
FAVOURITE BAND: GENESIS
ONE THING I COULD NOT GO A DAY WITHOUT: YORKSHIRE TEA