We like to do business in our own distinctive style – open friendly and honest, with the people, the skills and the drive to maximise value for our clients.
A vacancy has arisen for an assistant accountant to build their career within the finance team.
To support the finance function by undertaking a wide range of financial and management accounting responsibilities.
- At least three years working in a Top 50 accountancy practice, gaining broad experience in accounting, audit and tax.
- Part-qualified ACCA/CIMA or qualified AAT and keen to continue studying.
- Bright, enthusiastic, hard-working and meticulous.
- Team player with excellent communication skills.
- Self-motivated with high levels of personal initiative and enthusiasm.
- Business analytical skills and ability to prioritise.
- Excellent IT skills, especially in Excel.
- Property experience or an interest in property would be helpful.
The role consists of:
- Reporting to the Partnership Accountant.
- Taking ownership of the entire receivership accounting function to include processing transactions, reconciliations, compliance and management information.
- Assisting with preparation of management information, financial accounts and management accounts for the firm.
- Assisting with VAT returns and tax compliance.
- Bank reconciliations.
- Gaining an understanding of business accounting processes and proactively contributing to systems development, embracing new technologies.
- Providing cover for other members of the finance team.
- Communicate confidently and clearly with colleagues at all levels within the business.
- Various ad-hoc tasks and responsibilities as required.
Allsop offer an excellent remuneration package based on qualifications and experience, to include study support and excellent benefits. We have a friendly, sociable atmosphere and pleasant offices situated in the heart of London’s West End.
Part Time Valuations Working from Home
We are looking to recruit chartered surveyors to undertake part time residential valuations, working from home on a ‘zero hours’ employment basis.
All candidates must have at least two years’ residential experience and be RICS Registered Valuers.
Applications from surveyors in the following areas are particularly welcome:
• East Yorkshire
• North London
• Isle of Man
Please send a copy of your CV and a covering email to: email@example.com
To ensure the firm’s legacy continues through younger generations, Allsop fully supports trainee schemes. Unlike some of the larger firms, at Allsop you will benefit from hands on property experience in a diverse range of tasks, working alongside experienced partners, which will contribute to learning valuable new skills to help you build a career in the property industry.
Not only will you get on the job training, but Allsop will invest in your career by helping you gain a Royal Institution of Chartered Surveyors (RICS ) accredited correspondence BSc (Hons) degree course in Real Estate Management at The University College of Estate Management which can lead to being a Chartered Surveyor in a similar time as it would take by going to full time university but without the debt.
Trainee surveyor schemes will be up to four years, depending on your level of qualification and are generally open to 16 to 24 years olds that are permitted to work in the UK.
This is an opportunity to work for a friendly, approachable, professional and committed firm, in a thriving environment with a great social life.
Applications for Trainee Surveyors for the September 2018 intake to our London offices is now closed.