News | Auction | Residential Auction
Allsop releases 375-lot catalogue for February residential auction
Allsop, a leading property consultancy and the UK’s largest property auction house, has released the catalogue for its February residential auction, which will offer 375 lots across the UK.
The catalogue features a mixture of residential and mixed-use investment and development opportunities across the UK, including a freehold block of 25 student flats in Southampton, a semi-detached house in Shepherds Bush, west London and a former Scout activity centre of approximately 86 acres in Orpington, Greater London.
This auction comes off the back of Allsop raising over £13 million at its first residential auction of 2024, representing a success rate of 95%. In 2023, Allsop raised more than £885m from 17 residential and commercial auctions.
Richard Adamson, partner and auctioneer at Allsop, said: “Following the resounding success of our January auction, which saw a success rate of 95%, we are delighted to release our two-day February catalogue featuring 375 lots. The new year has started with signs of some much-needed confidence as lending costs settle and begin to fall. We are anticipating a busy couple of weeks running up to the auction sale on the 14th and 15th February – and indeed beyond as spring looks likely to bring further green shoots.”
Auction highlights include:
- Lot 206: Southampton, Hampshire – a freehold block of 25 self-contained student flats, producing £232,558 p.a., guided at £3.25m+
- Lot 216: Hove, East Sussex – a freehold grade II-listed building comprising 11 self-contained flats, producing £113,220 p.a., guided at £3m+
- Lot 232: Orpington, Greater London – a freehold former Scout activity centre extending to 13,088 sq ft, guided at £1.5m - £2m
- Lot 239: Horsham, West Sussex – a freehold grade II-listed house with outbuildings occupying 53 acres of land, guided at £2.2m - £2.35m
- Lot 321: Shepherds Bush, London – a freehold semi-detached building extending to 2,164 sq ft, guided at £1m+
Allsop’s next residential auction will be held online on 14th and 15th February via livestream, and the complete catalogue can be viewed here.
In our second podcast of the year, Auctioneers George Walker and Richard Adamson have a candid chat with Seb Verity, Allsop’s...
7 lots were sold for over £1m, including a semi-detached building in Shepherd’s Bush for £1.28m
£47m raised at a success rate of 80% in February commercial auction Largest lot sold was Larkswood Retail Park in Chingford ...
This month Property Auction News interviewed Richard Adamson partner and residential auctioneer about his thoughts on his mar...