- March catalogue features 181 lots, of which 16 are guided at over £1m
- Five lots are guided at £2m+, with the highest priced lot (54) inviting bids starting from £3.75m
Allsop has released its March residential auction catalogue, offering 181 lots with 16 guided above £1m. The highest value lot of the catalogue is lot 54, a mixed-use freehold building in Golders Green, north London, with bids sought in excess of £3.75m.
The catalogue provides potential buyers with a wide geographical spread of investments, with lots available in London, Edinburgh, Manchester, Bath, and other in-demand locations. Opportunities include a diverse mix of houses, apartments, ground rent investments and mixed-use schemes from a varied pool of sellers – from housing associations to receivers and property companies.
Richard Adamson, partner and residential auctioneer at Allsop, said: “The residential property market had been frenetic over the last six months, partially due to the Stamp Duty holiday. As the deadline of the 31st March approached, buyers were determined to purchase as soon as possible to benefit from the incentive, and consequently, vendors took advantage of the uptick in demand. The recent extension to this deadline means the market will remain active, while some of the pressure experienced by those transacting will ease.
“Despite a somewhat calmer environment, we expect to see competitive bidding on auction day. Our March catalogue features some of the highest quality lots we have released for some time, including 16 properties guided over £1m and five lots guided over £2m, with plenty of value-add opportunities on offer.”
Highlights from the residential catalogue include:
- Lot 54 – a partially vacant mixed-use freehold building in Golders Green, north London, comprised of a recently let retail unit and eight apartments. This lot is guided at £3.75m+.
- Lot 70 and lot 71– a grade II listed 19th century mansion in Wales, boasting 37 rooms as well as 13.86 acres’ worth of gardens and grounds, and a detached gatehouse. The two lots are guided at £800,000 and £250,000, respectively.
- Lot 33 – a leasehold detached stucco-fronted building in Notting Hill, west London, providing 7,319 sq. ft of hotel accommodation. The lot is guided at £3.5m+
- Lots 44 and 45 – two freehold semi-detached three-storey houses in Hendon, north London, which can be purchased individually or as a combined investment. The lots are guided at £3.5m – £3.75m (if purchased collectively)
The next online-only residential auction is on 31st March. View the catalogue here.