- February catalogue offers 14 more lots than this time last year, despite Covid-19 restrictions remaining in place
- 14 lots have guide prices of £1m or above, with the highest lot valued at £2.5m+
Allsop has released its February residential auction catalogue, offering 245 lots with 14 guided above £1m. With 36 lots marketed on behalf of housing associations, it offers an array of opportunities that will appeal to investors and owner-occupiers alike, providing a final chance to take advantage of the Stamp Duty holiday, in place until 31st March.
The highest value lot of the residential catalogue is lot 35 – a freehold former bank in Southampton. Set in the town centre, the building has planning consent for 120 boutique student apartments and a three-storey commercial unit. Benefitting from a busy location, less than a mile away from Southampton Central train station, the property is guided at £2.5m+.
Richard Adamson, partner and residential auctioneer at Allsop, said: “Our February auction will offer a final opportunity to take advantage of the Stamp Duty holiday, and due to the looming deadline, we’re expecting fierce competition for lots across the price spectrum. This catalogue sees a wider selection of properties than the year before in response to a substantial increase in buyer appetite, in part fuelled by the temporary tax exemption.
“We’re expecting high levels of market activity over the coming weeks not least because of the rapid advances in the UK-wide vaccination programme, which have helped instil a sense of confidence among investors after a challenging 11 months”.
Highlights from the residential catalogue include:
- Lot 144, Coulsdon, Surrey – a Grade II listed six-bedroom house with an annexe, providing a further two bedrooms, reception room, kitchen, and bathroom, adjacent to Chipstead Golf Club. The property includes a large garden, ample grounds and a swimming pool. Guide £1.75m+
- Lot 181, Crewe, Cheshire – a Grade II listed building used as an orphanage and a hospital with a full planning permission for an extra care community with new build aspect. The existing building can provide 18 extra care apartments and two guest suites, and a further 36 extra care apartments can be added to the site. Guide £1.7m+
- Lot 68, Stoke Newington, London – a freehold building with three self-contained flats arranged over four floors, with a gross internal area of 2,015 sq ft. Guide £1.275m+
- Lot 50, Clapham, London – a freehold mid-terrace five-bedroom house with development potential and two gardens. The property, located just 0.3 miles away from Clapham South Underground station, is within walking distance of trendy Abbeville Road with a number of shops and other amenities. Guide £1.25m
The next online-only residential auction is on 18th February. View the catalogue here.
Notes to editor
About Allsop auctions
Allsop run the largest property auction departments in Europe through two highly experienced residential and commercial teams and is the UK’s number one auction house by transactions. We offer a wide range of lots covering residential vacant and investment properties, ground rents, land and development opportunities and secondary commercial lots. A minimum of six commercial and seven residential sales are held every year.
For further information or supply of images
Newgate Communications on 020 3757 6890 or firstname.lastname@example.org