- 13 lots have guide prices of £1m or above, with the highest valued lot being £5.3m+
- 32 lots offer planning permission or potential for development
- Allsop’s next residential auction will be online-only and will be held on 16th July
Allsop has released its June residential auction catalogue, which offers 250 lots, with 13 lots guided above £1m. The catalogue sees a 20% increase of stock on the previous auction in May and shows renewed movement in the UK property market following recent easing of lockdown restrictions.
The highest value lot is Lot 67 which is located on Catteshall Lane, Godalming in Surrey and is a freehold development site with planning. Prior approval granted for 46 self-contained apartments and 63 car spaces, the site extends to 25,467 sq ft and has potential for a further five flats. This lot is guided at £5.3m+.
In South Kensington, London, Lot 22 is a leasehold self-contained three storey flat with an attractive part stucco fronted exterior. Comprising reception and dining rooms, plus a kitchen, study, three bedrooms (two with en-suites) and a roof terrace, this property is a rare gem in the Royal Borough. Set within walking distance of Gloucester Road underground station, it is guided at £1.75m+.
Richard Adamson, Auctioneer and Partner at Allsop, said: “This auction hosts the highest volume catalogue since lockdown began which we believe is an encouraging sign of renewed market activity. We achieved some exceptional results at the April and May auctions, which showed some green shoots in spite of the situation. Now, thanks to some of the lockdown restrictions being lifted, we appear to be seeing even more confidence in the market and we expect buyers to take advantage of the opportunities this provides.
“Along with plenty of turn-key prospects in London and the regions, there are a number of development sites in the catalogue, presenting numerous good investment opportunities across the country.”
Highlights from the catalogue include:
- Lot 59, Leicester, Leicestershire – a freehold development site with planning consent for a 90-bedroom nursing home and 30-bedroom care home. The site also comprises a former public house with potential for change of use to residential, subject to consent. Guide £2.35m+
- Lot 148, Fulham, London – a leasehold self-contained two storey, four-bedroom maisonette with a roof terrace located on bustling Wandsworth Bridge Road. Guide £650,000+
- Lot 195, Stadhampton, Oxfordshire – a two-bedroom freehold detached cottage with a private garden and views over the village green. Guide £250,000+
- Lot 206, Braintree, Essex – a freehold detached four-bedroom house, converted from a five-storey water tower with a one-acre garden. Guide £650,000+
To safeguard the wellbeing of staff, clients and buyers, and to comply with Covid-19 social distancing restrictions, Allsop’s forthcoming residential auction will be online-only.
The auction will take place on Thursday 16th July. Prospective buyers will need to register to bid remotely by Tuesday 14th June. To view the full details on how to bid remotely, please see the following link: https://auctions.allsop.co.uk/remote-bidding
Notes to editor
About Allsop auctions
Allsop run the largest property auction departments in Europe through two highly experienced residential and commercial teams and is the UK’s number one auction house by transactions. We offer a wide range of lots covering residential vacant and investment properties, ground rents, land and development opportunities and secondary commercial lots. A minimum of six commercial and seven residential sales are held every year. Visit: https://auctions.allsop.co.uk/selling-at-auction
Allsop is an independent property consultancy with a market-leading reputation for high quality service and integrity, covering the UK from our offices in the West End, the City, Leeds and Brighton. In addition to our position as the UK’s largest and most successful property auction house, we offer an extensive range of services for residential, commercial and mixed use property.
We have the people, the skills, the experience and the drive to maximise value for our clients in any given market and like to do business in our own distinctive Allsop style – open, friendly and honest. Clients appreciate this, which is why so many stay with us over the long term.
In an unpredictable world, Allsop remains a reassuringly constant source of market knowledge, insight and expertise. Visit: www.allsop.co.uk
For further information or supply of images contact:
Newgate Communications on 0203 757 6890 or firstname.lastname@example.org
Or email Victoria Lloyd-Jones, Head of Marketing at Allsop at Victoria.Lloyd-Jones@allsop.co.uk