Allsop have purchased the Chamber of Shipping’s current building, Carthusian Court in EC1 on behalf of The Property Trust for £11.65M.
The Chamber will remain at Carthusian Court as tenants for now, with plans to move in the new year to new London premises. The intention is that the British Ports Association, the United Kingdom Major Ports Group (UKMPG) and Ports Skills & Safety will move the Chamber from Carthusian Court to new offices.
Nelson Chan, Managing Director of The Property Trust Group says:
“The Property Trust Group can see many active management opportunites for Carthusian Court in this very exciting Farringdon growth location which complements our existing portfolio ”.
Angus Frew, Chief Executive of the Chamber said:
“This move has been carefully considered and represents the best solution for the Chamber both financially and in allowing us to focus on our core work for our members in the UK shipping and maritime sector.”
Allsop acted for The Property Trust, Strutt and Parker acted for the Chambers of Shipping.
Notes to editor
Allsop is an independent property consultancy with a market-leading reputation for high quality service, integrity and innovation. We are also well known as the UK’s largest and most successful auction house. Our success is built on over 100 years’ experience in commercial and residential property consultancy and sales.
• The Chamber of Shipping is the trade association for the UK shipping industry, working to promote and protect the interests of its members both nationally and internationally. With 137 members and associate members, the Chamber represents over 917 ships of about 27 million gross tonnes and is recognised as the voice of the UK shipping industry.
• UK shipping has a turnover of over £11bn. With indirect effects, UK shipping’s contribution to UK GDP is £13bn.
• The Chamber is a member of Maritime UK, which brings together the major associations representing the UK’s the shipping, ports and maritime business services sectors.
• The Chamber is a lead partner in Sea Vision, the nationwide campaign working to raise awareness of the sea and the maritime sector, particularly amongst young people aged between 13 and 22 years old.
• For more information on British Shipping, please go to: http://www.british-shipping.org
To arrange an interview or for the supply high resolution images or further information please contact Anna Jones
020 7543 6728