Allsop’s upcoming residential auction will see 292 lots auctioned on 25 May at The Cumberland Hotel on Great Cumberland Place, London, W1H 7DL.
The catalogue, which is available online, comprises numerous high-quality, good value and well-located properties, with 39 lots being offered at a guide price of £1m+. Lot 42, the highest value lot on offer at £11.5m, is a freehold site in Slough, advantageously located near to a Crossrail station, with planning permission for 155 self-contained apartments.
Following the successful sale of properties at the exciting new Canonbury Cross development in Islington, Allsop has been instructed on the sale of four further new-build townhouses (lots 120, 121, 122 and 123). These four-storey properties feature high-quality finishes and modern amenities throughout, and benefit from a private courtyard garden and top-level terrace.
May’s auction offers plenty of strong investment opportunities in prime central locations, with over a third (109 of 292) of lots in a London postcode. Lot 34, a site occupied by 24 garages, offers potential for redevelopment, and is ideally located within walking distance of Wimbledon town centre and is well-connected to central London and the M25 motorway.
The regions are also ripe with opportunity. Lot 63, a freehold detached five-storey commercial building in West Bromwich, has Permitted Development for change of use to provide 47 dwellings, and possible potential for further redevelopment on the roof. The property is currently providing £26,000 per annum from one retail unit. Lot 254, four self-contained flats in a converted church building in Prescot, 12 miles east of Liverpool city centre, offers convenient access to several motorways, and currently provides £18,900 per annum in rental income.
Richard Adamson, Partner, said: “The quality of stock is a standout feature of this auction. The catalogue is ripe with investment and development opportunities, especially within London where an abundance of good-value properties in strong postcodes will be going under the hammer.”
Highlights from the catalogue include:
- Lot 46, 87 Goldhurst Terrace, West Hampstead, NW6 3HA – a modernised freehold mid-terrace four-storey house in a prime London location, featuring six bedrooms, four bathrooms, a rear garden and a first-floor roof terrace. Guide £2.5m+
- Lot 100, 83 Witham House, 13 Enterprise Way, Wandsworth, SW18 1GB – a long leasehold, two-bed duplex penthouse apartment, situated on the 19th and 20th floors of a purpose-built block, with panoramic views over The Thames. The property benefits from three terraces, a lift, gym, 24/7 security and concierge, and underground parking. Guide 2.25m+
- Lots 120, 121, 122 & 123, 22, 23, 24 & 25 Edward’s Cottages, Islington, N1 2XL – four modern, new-build, three-bed freehold townhouses. Part of Canonbury Cross, a new development located near to Highbury and Islington Station, each property benefits from a private courtyard garden and top-level terrace. Guide £1.42m+ – £1.47m+
- Lot 34, Garages rear of 4, 6, 8 & 10 South Park Road, Wimbledon, SW19 8ST – an unbroken freehold site extending to c. 0.284 acres, occupied by 24 lock-up garages and three parking spaces. Possible potential for redevelopment. Guide £600,000+
- Lot 42, The Brick Works, Petersfield Avenue, Berkshire, SL2 5DN – a freehold site near to a Crossrail station due for completion in 2019. Currently occupied by two modern office buildings, the site has planning for 155 self-contained apartments providing 104,594 sq. ft. of residential accommodation. Guide £11.5m+
- Lot 60, 12-12A Brick Street, Mayfair, W1J 7ET – long leasehold former offices and retail unit with planning permission for conversion to provide one three-bed and one two-bed self-contained flat. Guide £5.85m+
- Lot 63, Parham House, 404-430 High Street, West Midlands, B70 9JR – a freehold detached five-storey commercial building arranged to provide three retail units and five floors of office accommodation, with Permitted Development for change of use to provide 47 dwellings, and possible potential for further redevelopment of the roof. Guide £1m+
- Lot 38, 10 South Park Road, Wimbledon, SW19 8ST – six freehold part reversionary ground rent investments secured upon a total of 36 flats, 11 garages and give parking spaces. Possible potential for roof extensions across the six blocks. Guide £50,000+
- Lot 254, Flats 4, 7, 20 & 21, Meribel Square, Aspinall Street, Merseyside, L34 5TH – four leasehold self-contained flats in a converted church building, each subject to an assured shorthold tenancy, to be offered collectively as one lot. Guide £160,000 collectively
Notes to editor
Allsop is an independent property consultancy with a market-leading reputation for high quality service, integrity and innovation. We are also well known as the UK’s largest and most successful auction house. Our success is built on over 100 years’ experience in commercial and residential property consultancy and sales.
For details visit www.allsop.co.uk
- Where a guide price (or range of prices) is given, that guide is the minimum price at which, or range of prices within which, the seller might be prepared to sell on the date at which the guide price, or range of prices, is published.
- The reserve price is the minimum price at which the property can be sold.
- Both the guide price and the reserve price may be subject to change up to and including the day of the auction.
For further information or supply of images
Redleaf Communications on 0207 382 4720 or email@example.com