Properties to go under the hammer at the February residential auction include 14 former telephone repeater stations and a former home of Charles Dickens
Allsop’s first residential auction of 2017 will see 283 lots auctioned on 16th February at The Cumberland Hotel on Great Cumberland Place, London, W1H 7DL.
The catalogue includes a range of lots, including a property in Folkstone where Charles Dickens lived in 1855 and wrote part of Little Dorrit.
With a guide price of £7m, lot 53 is the largest value lot that will go under the hammer. One of a number of permitted development opportunities offered, lot 53 is a 43,000 sq ft office building in Crawley town centre with planning and permitted development consent for a total of 111 flats.
A total of 14 former telephone repeater stations across the country are being auctioned by Telereal Trillium, with guide prices ranging from £25,000 to £75,000.
Richard Adamson, Partner, said: “Last year, the residential auction market remained remarkably resilient, despite the taxation changes and geo-political shocks. Whilst there may be more challenges on the horizon, we are confident that demand for residential property will remain steady throughout 2017.
“Investors are increasingly drawn to the auction room in search of income-producing investments, such as lot 200, a trophy period asset with rental income. Strong appetite for permitted development opportunities is also likely to continue this year, as developers look for low risk developments, where possible, in view of economic and political uncertainty.
“The telephone repeater stations are a more unusual opportunity, but with a lot of potential – in the past we’ve seen stations developed for residential use, as well as being used for a variety of other uses, from storage units and taxi ranks to offices and cafes.”
Highlights from the catalogue include:
- Lot 85, 3 and 4 Albion Villas, Folkstone, Kent – two long leasehold flats combined to form one four-bedroom residential unit, where Charles Dickens lived in 1855 and wrote part of Little Dorrit. Guide £70,000
- Lot 200, Judges Lodgings, Gloucester – the freehold of a historic Grade II listed building comprising 15 one and two bedroom flats. Guide £1.75m
- Lot 19, Hampstead, London – a five storey Victorian building on the market for the first time in 50 years currently arranged to provide 8 flats with potential for reconfiguration. Guide £3.2m
- Lot 44, Bagshot, Surrey – a freehold office building just under 9,000 sq ft with permitted development granted for conversion for 12 flats and a further permitted development application submitted for 16 flats. Guide £1.3m
- Lot 65, Bradford, West Yorkshire – two prominent freehold Grade II listed office buildings with potential for change of use and conversion to provide flats. Totalling in excess of 40,000 sq ft, the buildings are close to The Broadway Shopping Centre, Forster Square Rail Station, Bradford Interchange, Bradford Cathedral and the University of Bradford. Guide £875,000
- Lot 214, Penzance, Cornwall – a freehold Grade II listed former hospital building extending to over 11,000 sq ft in grounds of approximately 2.6 acres. Potential for change of use to residential and additional development of site. Guide £400,000
Please click here to view the full online catalogue.
Contact the residential auction team for further information on any of the lots 0207 494 3686.
Notes to editor
Allsop is an independent property consultancy with a market-leading reputation for high quality service, integrity and innovation. We are also well known as the UK’s largest and most successful auction house. Our success is built on over 100 years’ experience in commercial and residential property consultancy and sales.
For details visit www.allsop.co.uk
- Where a guide price (or range of prices) is given, that guide is the minimum price at which, or range of prices within which, the seller might be prepared to sell on the date at which the guide price, or range of prices, is published.
- The reserve price is the minimum price at which the property can be sold.
- Both the guide price and the reserve price may be subject to change up to and including the day of the auction.
For further information or supply of images
Redleaf Communications on 0207 382 4720 or email@example.com